Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Lunch Date

I'm a sucker for anything peanut butter related. In fact, I haven't met an item containing peanut butter that I didn't like- because let's face it, peanut butter goes with almost anything, right?? Of course there are delectable combinations like chocolate and peanut butter (be still my heart) and then there's the original combination of the tried and true PB&J sandwich. Thus, the inspiration for my latest cupcake, the lunch date. I don't know many kids who haven't opened their lunchbox to find a PB&J sandwich inside at some point in their lives. I still enjoy a good PB&J and this cupcake was no different! A moist, dense peanut butter cake filled with strawberry preserves and topped with a whipped peanut butter cream cheese icing and a little dollop of preserves on top. WOW! I think this may be one of my favorite cupcakes so far. It's hard to eat just one!