Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sweet Comfort Cupcakes

The weather has decided to provide a much welcome break from insanely hot and humid conditions...even allowing for (dare I say) slightly chilly evenings! So I wanted to create a cupcake that was fitting for this amazing, almost Autumn-like weather. Enter the Sweet Comfort cupcake, a light and moist banana cake with a hint of cinnamon, topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting, caramel drizzle and pecans...These are as delightful as a snuggle from your lovie. ;) I have to say, these are probably one of my favorite cupcakes. The smell of them baking in the oven was almost as good as the taste!! The hint of cinnamon really adds a warmth and a depth of flavor that's unmatched. And the cream cheese frosting is a perfect compliment. But maybe it's the drizzle of caramel and pecans that bring a smile to your face because they're just so darn pretty. These cupcakes were even beautiful without frosting and I couldn't resist taking a picture of them fresh from the oven. Now, if the weather cooperates, I hear pumpkin spice calling my name! :)